Conditions were almost perfect at this year's Swaledale marathon on June 12th, with blue skies above and a slight breeze to keep the runners cool.
There were some outstanding performances, with 26 club members completing the gruelling 23 mile course.
- Steve Brown was 8th out of the 463 participants, finishing in 3.34 and narrowly missing out on the veteran's trophy.
- Martin Randall had an excellent run to finish 22nd in 3.46, just ahead of ...
- Derek Parrington in 3.52 and ...
- Stuart Smith, who completed his 20th Swaledale marathon in 3.53.
- Tracy Hunter led the Swaledale ladies home, 57th overall and 8th lady in 4.13.
- Karen Saward knocked an astonishing 40 minutes off her 2009 time to finish as 9th lady in 4.20.
- Andy Gaines also improved by around 20 minutes to finish in 4.30, while Julie Tanner was just ahead of Oonagh Bathgate in 4.33.
Other Swaledale results:
Ronnie Cassar 4.41
John Lynch 4.50
Jess Brown 5.03
Amy Cassar 5.09
Gary Davison 5.22
Liz Sowter 5.30
Kenton Smith 5.38
Harry Ellis 6.07
Chris Kirby 6.12
Mary Carnegie-Brown 6.18
Linda Turnbull 6.25
Helen Law 6.51
Allyson Cole and Helen Smith 6.57
Sandra Sanderson 7.27
Bridie Kinnane-Davison 8.15
Helen Sunter 9.12.
The ladies' team was narrowly beaten by Totley AC, while the men's team were third behind East Hull Harriers and Ripon Runners.